Wincanton Racecourse is set in the heart of the Somerset countryside where we prioritise our environmental responsibilities and strive to incorporate sustainable principles in our business.
The Jockey Club has a Green Champion at each of the 14 racecourses who works with the group's Sustainability Executive to ensure that we implement steps to reduce our impact on the environment without affecting the quality of the customer experience.
The sustainability strategy is constantly evolving and we have a mixture of short and longer term objectives to help achieve our aims. Some of the objectives that we have already completed at Wincanton include:
- A group wide decrease in annual energy consumption, both in electricity and gas
- An increase in the proportion of waste recycled
- All of our race cards are printed on recycled paper
- Incorporating environmental credentials in our procurement decisions
- A cycle to work scheme for our staff
- The Catering team source products locally where possible
We are always looking for ideas to reduce the impact of Wincanton Racecourse on the local and wider environment. If you have any suggestions, we would be delighted to hear from you at email@example.com.